Authors need to follow these guidelines for print publications:
1. Original images should be scanned at a minimum of 300 dpi in a tif or photoshop format. Please do not resave JPEG or PowerPoint images as .tif; you must rescan to recapture the information necessary for high-res output that print publications require.
2. No rules should be narrower than 1 pt.
3. No gray rules should be paler than 30%.
4. Gray scales must be between 15% and 60% and must be differentiated from each other by at least 10%. If possible, avoid grayscales entirely.
5. Each figure should be stored in its own file, not embedded in the text files.